Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey

Buckingham Palace
Changing of the Guard

Last weekend, I went to see the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. It was really crowded and I had trouble seeing past the tall people but it was an interesting ceremony. There was a man on top of on one of the columns beside the gate the whole time. He was protesting about something but I'm not sure what. They still went on with the ceremony as usual though. Afterward, I spent a few hours just walking around that part of London and taking in the sights. I stumbled upon Westminster Abbey. I didn't go in as the line was too long but I got some great pictures of the outside, which is absolutely beautiful.

Westminster Abbey

I took a close up of the front because the detail is just stunning:
From the above picture, I made some alterations in Photoshop and I'm really pleased with the result. I think it looks even more beautiful, if that's possible. I'm thinking about taking some more of the pictures I take and fixing them up like this. What do you guys think?

Until next time,
Duchess

2 comments:

  1. I really like the sepia-like effect, it seemed to evoke an interesting sense of age when combined with an older building facade. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete