Monday, September 26, 2011

Introduction

Hello, everyone. I suppose first off I should introduce myself to those of you who don't know me.

My name is Jessica. I am studying for my MA/MSc in Library Science in London, UK. I am originally from the US - Georgia to be specific. I come from quite a small town so, as you can imagine, moving to London was a big change for me. It's my first time out of the US as well. I want a way to keep in touch with my friends and family back home and I also need a blog to do some of my coursework, so I'm able to do the whole two birds with one stone thing here.

Why "Duchess in Wonderland"? My friends and co-workers back home gave me the nickname Duchess before I left and it kind of grew on me. I'm having to use "Duchy" (for short) in the actually URL, as you can see. Wonderland because I am amazed by being here on a daily basis and I'm constantly soaking in the wonders of a new city (a big city), a new country (which I've dreamt of seeing since I was a child), and new friends. Everything is different and exciting, although sometimes frustrating as it is all so unknown. I, like Alice, am still not quite sure how I managed to finally get myself to this place. I, too, am learning to navigate a somewhat unknown and strange world. This is a way for you all to be more a part of my journey and I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. which small town? I'm originally from Valdosta, so it's quite strange that two people from GA are in London in the same course!

    ReplyDelete